Friday, January 9, 2009

Book Announcement Archive

Here is the archived post about the original book announcement


We want to thank the Cure for 30 years of amazing music and all that they do for their fans! Since many of us are attending the O2 arena show in February Coachella show in April, we thought this would be a perfect opportunity to collect the thoughts and well wishes of Cure fans worldwide and put them into a book to be given to the Cure in London California.

I have received 17 19 24 pages to date for the book! You can see some of them in the slideshow below . To those that have given me their thoughts, wishes, awesome artwork and genuine heartfelt communication, THANK YOU for participating in this project and making it a worthwhile endeavor! It's been so amazing to see what everyone has come up with for the book and it is such an honor to be able to give them to The Cure.


(If for some reason you DO NOT want your page published on the virtual book, please let me know and I will be happy to remove it. )

If you'd like to participate in this project, please read the following directions:

Your page should be:

1. No bigger than a standard 8.5 x 11 inch (or A4) sheet of paper
2. Single sided only please! Your page will be attached to another sheet of paper in order to be bound into the book, so anything on the 2nd side will not be seen.
3. Can be on any kind of paper or media such as canvas / watercolor paper / copy paper etc.
4. Please hand-write or decorate your page, make it an expression of you!
5. Personalize it in some way, as much as you are comfortable. Who are you? Where are you from?
6. Page and decorations should be no thicker than 1/8"
7. Should have some expression of thanks or congratulations somewhere on the page
8. Please don't laminate your page or make it so that it would be difficult to attach to the book.
9. Can be either landscape or portrait orientation
10 Please include your email address or contact info on a separate sheet of paper, and also note whether you are ok with me scanning and publishing your page here.
11. Let me know your page is on the way so I know to watch for it! You can do that through emailing me through bluheron and the second part is at gmail.com
12. Pages will be put in the book in order of postmark or notification date, whichever is sooner.


Please no:
Nudity, slash or offers of marriage LOL
"I love you Robert" or "I love you Simon"
Yes, we know. We all do. But please try to make your
page something special that the band will enjoy reading.

Pages must be received by mail no later than April 15th, 2009 in the USA. We will be travelling after this date to go to Vegas & Coachella, so there isn't any leeway in the date, that's a final time.

Contact me at bluheron (little at thingy) gmail.com

I highly recommend some kind of trackable or insured post method so that if your page goes astray we don't have to wonder if it is lost for good. Check with your local post or mail office for your options.


******************Book announcement 2/12 (archived here for historical purposes)****************
If you haven't yet sent in your page, DON'T PANIC! I have had numerous frantic contacts this week regarding the pages and the deadline. Yes, I published 2/13 as the deadline, but that was mainly so that I had almost a week leeway before leaving for London in case there were weather delays or other difficulties for people who wanted to contribute. So if you haven't sent your page yet, do it now! If you are in London, the UK or are coming to the O2 Arena "Big Gig" or the NME Shockwaves Awards the previous day, you can give me your page in person! If you are planning on doing this though, I do humbly request that you send me a high-resolution (300-600 dpi) scan of your page before you give it to me as I won't be able to do so there. Also if you are planning on giving me your page in person, please write me an email and let me know so that I can have enough pages for everyone in the book.

To answer a question I have heard a lot since starting this project - no, I do not have some magic hotline to Robert and the band (I wish! LOL) to give them this book. Yes, I have been successful in giving the band other items in the past. I can't guarantee that I will come back from London with a photo of the book being perused by the band members, although I do promise to try. ;-) I will definitely update the blog with news of the book as soon as possible.

0 comments: