Sunday, February 15, 2009

30th Anniversary Book - ANNOUNCEMENT!

I sincerely hope that this announcement won't upset anyone, and I very much apologize in advance to anyone who spent extra $ or stress to get their page here before the original deadline. After a bit of thought about it (and after receiving *numerous* emails about the upcoming deadline for pages over the past few days) it has occurred to me that it would make vastly more sense to give the Cure their book at the Coachella event at the end of April. This would accomplish several good things at one time, so please bear with me as I enumerate the most important of them.

1. The Coachella date of April 19th, 2009 is actually much, much closer to the actual 30th Anniversary date of May 8, 1979 (which is the date when Three Imaginary Boys was released) and I believe is what the band are using as their actual official anniversary date. In fact, the Coachella show is just under 3 weeks before this date. Not to mention that it is also extremely close to Robert's 50th birthday.

2. Moving the "delivery" date to the middle of April will not only relieve the pressure of those who wanted to participate but just did not have the time, it will allow for those who haven't yet heard of the book to participate as well.

3. Anyone who felt that their page was "rushed" out has a chance to re-do it if need be, and anyone who was freaking out trying to figure out how to get me their page by the end of next week can relax! :D

At the time that the book project was conceived, the London dates were the only ones that were announced, so that's why the plan to give them the book at the O2 shows started there. However, now that we have a show date which is much closer to the actual anniversary, I think that it makes the most sense to give it to them there. I hope that you will understand my reasoning and most importantly, help me to spread the word about the rescheduling. I appreciate all of your interest and passion about this project, and I think you'll agree that we will end up with a much richer and more comprehensive book by putting it off, even by a mere 60 days.

So that being said, the official new due date for pages is (are you ready for this?) April 15th! Yes, just like the tax due date. 60 days from now is April 15th, so do your taxes, and THEN do your page! And mail it to me so it will get there before the 15th! Anyone who was planning on delivering their page to me in London may still do so! Everyone else, take a deep breath and relax. :D

See the original project post about the 30th Anniversary Book HERE for all of the details about how to participate.

7 comments:

altr2elise said...

I think this makes perfect sense.

fuchsia-kst said...

AAAAA THANK YOU. I was planning to mail out on Monday but feeling like I could do better with alittle more time (after seeing some of the wonderful stuff that has already been submitted) now I can really spend a little time making it look the way I wanted.

I'm also gld I visited your site because I had never seen the t-shirts before. Will be ordering something from you if you have anything left...


HAVE FUN IN LONDON. :-)

Rev. Heron said...

Thanks peeps :D

fuchsia, I have plenty of tees left if you want to order!

goinghometime said...

OMG! I've been stressing out soooo bad! Sigh, it's okay. I started over one time only....And so far it is looking great. I'll be sending it this week sometime and hopefully they will love it. I probably will never be able to make it perfect, but what the hell....

Thanks for the deadline! That means no extra money for delivery, YAY!

Johanna

PJW said...

Good thinking Heron!

Rosepetals said...

Thanks for doing this!! I felt so bad that I hadn't had the time to make a page! I get to make one now!! YAY! I hope everyone has a safe and fantastic trip to London!! Double Yay altr2elise gets to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm so glad that my page got to you safely and found its place in the virtual anniversary book (my page is that one with 60 old curefan lady). I loved the whole book, all pictures are wonderful! I really hope that the Cure will get it in the end!

Love& hugs,
Olga =)