Friday, June 12, 2009

4 Tour Memories - Madison Square Garden

The events surrounding my attendance at the NYC MSG show were an interesting series of coincidences that I can only place under the "meant to be" category. So many things converged to make it possible that it would literally take a book to write about all of it. So in the interest of not boring my audience too much, here are the highlights.

1. Meeting SugarGirl - although she did not know me at the time and we had never met in person, this was the first thing that made it possible to go. She graciously offered me her spare sofabed in her room and then we made plans to share a room on Friday evening after the concert. I can honestly say that my now-friendship with the beautiful, sweet and gracious SugarGirl was one of the best things about the trip. Our adventures together that weekend were still the start of my year of miracles, and much of the subsequent events were shared with her as well. Thanks Sugar for being so wonderful, I couldn't have done it without you! :D

Rev and Sugar Girl by the Cure trucks

2. Meeting all the other CoF peeps! - The meeting at the Fridays ahead of the MSG show was my first experience at meeting other Cure fans en masse, and to meet so many people that I had chatted with or interacted with on the CoF blog threads was so much fun!

3. Videoing the Soundcheck - That was literally the first time I'd ever done anything like that and sharing it with SG was a blast.

4. Last but most definitely NOT least, the MSG show itself! My experience started with the fan meetup at Fridays, and then I went to meet the person (another CoF fan) who had offered to sell me their spare ticket. Going inside, I braved the ten-person-deep crowd around the merch booth to pick up a Cure keyring and such. Heading down to the floor, I spotted several empty seats very close to the front that were open, and when they weren't filled before the lights went down, we took our chances and ended up in the fourth row for most of the show, moving up as people left (LEFT??!!! I KNOW!) to be in the third row and nearly centered between Porl and Robert.

This is one of my all-time favorite videos from the MSG show, when Robert spots the CoF sign during Push



You can see my MSG videos here and my photos here

0 comments: