Saturday, December 10, 2011

Other Voices - Cure Members' Copies Update

I'm very pleased to let everyone know that copies of the Other Voices books have been given to all of the currently active members of The Cure and also to original member Laurence (Lol) Tolhurst. I would love to  give a copy to Porl (whose status with the band is unknown?) and to the ex-Cure members, so that's going to be a future part of this project.Thanks immensely once again to all the awesome contributors to the book, you really helped make it into an outstanding "thank you" letter to the band.


I found it to be highly appropriate and even somewhat poetic that the copies were given to the guys during the Reflections shows celebrating their first three albums, given that the original book was given to Robert shortly before the 30th Anniversary date of the release of Three Imaginary Boys.


And for those of you wondering, YES I did get  to ask Robert about getting the original copy of the book, when we met him in Sydney! (He got it.)

Without further ado, here are the photos of the book being given to the various members!

In Sydney Australia, May 31, 2011 - just prior to the first Reflections show. With me are April (Lostwishes) and Chris (Curejunkie), both contributors to the book, and Paivi (Spiggy):

Lol, Roger and Simon get their books:

Left to Right: April, Chris, Lol, Rev, Roger, Paivi

Rev and Simon
I didn't manage to get a pic of Simon  with his book, but he DID get it at this time! 

Paivi,Rev, Robert, April, Chris
 Robert already has the original, but we took a pic with him anyway, who wouldn't? 

Below, Jason gets his copy of the book at the third night of Reflections in LA on Nov. 23rd, 2011:
Jason Cooper in LA

Here are the dedications written in the  front of each book. I did one similar in Jason's book but did not have time to photograph it, sorry! Also there was a "This copy provided by:" blurb in the back of each one listing all of the wonderful, generous people who made donations so that I could buy the books for the band members.  



Also as a side note to Jason, I'm so sorry we weren't able to give you your copy in Oz, and I apologize if you felt left out. The problem was solely economic, as the books are $100 each, I just didn't have enough money to buy four copies prior to the Reflections shows. So since it was Simon's birthday, and I didn't know if I'd see Roger and Lol again, I had a hard decision to make about the three books that I brought.  I hope you weren't too upset! Much love and respect to you!


0 comments: