Saturday, July 7, 2001

Thanks!

Thank you for ordering a shirt from me!

Here's the scoop on the process. Most shirts
are shipped either on the day they are ordered
or on the next afternoon. I put orders in the
mail every day that the post office is open.

All of my shipments go either Priority or Express mail.
I've found USPS to be actually faster than UPS, although
the tracking is updated a bit less often. Priority mail
in the US is 2-3 business days from the time of shipment,
and Express mail in the continental US is either overnight
or 2nd day.

Global Priority mail is delivered between 3-7 days after
shipment, and Global express between 2-5 days after shipment,
depending on where you live. You'll receive an email with the
tracking number as soon as I create the shipping label, but
usually the package information won't be updated for at least
24 hours after you get the email.

If you're unhappy with your shirt for whatever reason, please
let me know and I will issue a return label. When I get the
shirt back from you, I will issue a refund for the cost of the shirt.
Shipping costs are not refundable, sorry!!!

I can also do exchanges if you have the wrong size, but
you'll have to cover the shipping for the replacement.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions
or need more information.